House Frau

Thursday, May 21, 2009



I am spending a long overdue day playing house frau, as we are officially drowning under baskets (heavy emphasis on the plural) of unfolded laundry.  Somehow, I can wash it and I can dry it, but I never seem to fold it and put it away.  It's gotten to the point where my husband is afraid to put anything in the hamper for fear of never seeing it again.  

At least we're not hungry.  

Here is a quickie from last night's menu: Bill Granger's Spicy Beef With Coriander (Cilantro) Relish.   I love it when chefs generously provide their recipes online.  

This is a dream recipe.  It passes the clean plate test every time, with kids and adults alike.  Best of all, it is so dead easy that it's perfect for a weekday dinner but delicious enough for friends on Saturday night.  

I serve it with brown rice and steamed snow peas for the grown-ups, substituting carrot sticks and omitting the relish for the boys - don't worry about it being too plain without the relish, as the marinade punches so far above it's weight that it's like a sauce in itself.

Err on the side of excess when it comes to quantities as you will want leftovers - the beef is delicious cold in a salad the next day.  

It's what I'll be enjoying if I ever dig my way out from under the unmatched socks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE comments. Fire Away!

 

© Eating The Daisies All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger