Lazy Weekend Snack

Tuesday, June 16, 2009


This past summer, when tomatoes were ripe and abundant, I made it my personal mission to eat as many BLTs as I possibly could.  

As it turned out, that was quite a few.

If I were a boxer, I would have jumped a class.

Now that  it's winter and tomatoes are less robust in their natural form, I have found that a container of sliced tomatoes marinating in a mixture of minced garlic, olive oil, sea salt and pepper is, as Martha would say, a very good thing.

It means that, at a moment's notice, you can whip up a wintery BLT, as above. 

Or, better still, layer the tomatoes between freshly grated Fontina cheese, basil leaves, and thick slices of Turkish bread (foccacia).   

Yum.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE comments. Fire Away!

 

© Eating The Daisies All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger