If You Can't Stand The Heat, Get Out Of The Kitchen....

Monday, November 16, 2009


And onto the sofa, with an iced tea in one hand and a book in the other. 

With local temperatures due to hit 43 degrees Celsius (that's equivalent to 109.4 degrees Fahrenheit in May, for those of you State-side), this is my plan.  

And maybe, in some alternate universe where I wasn't responsible for peace-keeping, picking up puppy poo and finding the missing shoe, I would carry out that plan. 

But I can tell you one thing:  the ceiling fans will be going on, but the oven won't be.  

Which is perfect, because it provides me with the opportunity to correct course.  

As the banner 'Food, Books, Family' suggests, I did, once upon a time, intend to write about books and reading. 

Woody Allen said "My brain is my second favorite organ."  I don't know what took 1st place, but, for me, it's my stomach.  

Week after week, I have shown my true colors, allowing matters of the table to dominate discussion.  

Well, all that is about to change (at least while these temperatures hold).  

I hereby declare this Book Week at Eating The Daisies.  

Stay tuned....

image from Saturnism, via Flickr Creative Commons

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE comments. Fire Away!

 

© Eating The Daisies All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger