On The Move

Thursday, June 10, 2010



We are about to move house for the fourth time in four and a half years.

You would think, with that much practice, that I'd be on top of things by now.

I'm not.

I am still frantically de-cluttering and ebaying, and have not begun to assemble the boxes, let alone fill them.

Did I mention we move on Saturday?

Of all the many balls that continue to crash down around my ears, you will be relieved to know that my commitment to producing desserts that are guaranteed to add pounds upon sight, is not among them.

Three words, Ladies and Gentlemen:

Pear Tart Tatin

Never, in all my years of over-indulgence, have I gotten so big a return for so little effort.

I made this for a mid-week guest and CB's enthusiasm at the table was practically indecent.

I think he scared her.

The recipe comes from the May 2010 issue of Country Style, compliments of country chef David Swain.

Sorry, no photo of mine - it was gone in a flash.

We gobbled it up with Maggie Beer's Elderflower & Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.


Sensational.


Which reminds me, I should probably put my virgin ice cream maker on ebay.


Pear Tart Tatin
serves 4

125g unsalted butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
4 Corella pears, peeled, cored and halved
375 packet Careme 'All Butter' puff pastry

Combine butter and sugar in a pan over medium heat.  Cook until sugar has melted and the mixture is golden.

Add pears and cook for 15-20 minutes until golden, turning occasionally.  Remove pears and resrve caramelized cooking juices.

Preheat oven to 200°C / 390°F.  Arrange pears over the base of a heavy, ovenproof frying pan (cut sides up).  Place sheet of pastry over pears, and trim.  Brush pastry with caramel sauce from original pan.

Bake tart in pan for 20 minutes or until pastry turns golden brown.

Invert tart onto a serving plate.  Service with ice-cream or cream.

Images found here and here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE comments. Fire Away!

 

© Eating The Daisies All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger